This gluten free Healthy Turkey Chili is easy enough to prepare on a busy weeknight. It is flavorful and healthy, full of black beans, sweet potatoes, and ground turkey.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock or broth gluten free
- 2 cups diced sweet potatoes
- 1 can black beans rinsed
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/4 lbs ground turkey 85% lean
- shredded cheddar for serving
- Put a swirl of olive oil in a dutch oven and brown turkey until cooked. Remove and set aside.
- Brown onion and garlic in another tsp of olive oil until done.
- Add turkey back to pot with onions and add spices. Stir and cook for one minute.
- Add tomatoes and juices, chicken stock, beans and sweet potatoes.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are softened.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with cheese and serve hot.