Deliciously savory, saucy and spicy, this cashew chicken is about 100 times better than takeout! You should try it tonight, it's super easy to make!
- 3 pieces chicken breasts cut into bite sized
- 2 tsp hoisin sauce
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 c . oil
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 green onions sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 8 tsp sugar
- 4 tsp white vinegar
- sesame seeds
- cashews as many as you'd like
- Slice chicken breasts into bite sized pieces. Pour 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 2 tsp of hoisin sauce into a bowl. Place chicken in soy sauce. Let sit.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar, and vinegar. Slice the green onions, mince garlic, and measure out red pepper flakes (if using).
- Pour chicken into a strainer to drain and remove as much marinade as possible. Heat oil in a large deep skillet (or wok if you have one) over high heat. Add red pepper flakes to oil, stir a few times.
- Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes until golden, then stir chicken. Add garlic and broccoli and cook until chicken is cooked through, then drain oil (if necessary).
- Add cashews. Turn off heat and pour in sauce. Stir until chicken is covered in sauce. Sauce will thicken considerably. Add green onions and sesame seeds and serve over white rice.