Gluten-Free Mozzarella Bites are easy to whip up at home. These crispy, ooey-gooey bites are great for game day, kids’ sleepovers, or anytime you’re craving a cheesy treat!
- 6 mozzarella string cheese sticks, each cut into 6 bites
- 1/4 cup gluten-free flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 2 cups gluten-free bread crumbs
- marinara sauce
- Add flour to one bowl, whisk together eggs and water in another bowl, then add bread crumbs to another bowl. Season bread crumbs with salt then stir to combine.
- Working with 4 bites at a time, roll in the flour, tapping any excess off, then add to the egg mixture and use a fork to coat. Transfer bites to bread crumbs then use your fingers to coat each bite. Add bites back into the egg mixture then use a fork to coat, and then transfer back to the bread crumbs to create a double coating. Place bites onto a large plate then repeat with remaining cheese and refrigerate for 20 minutes or until breading is set.
- Add enough oil to a small, heavy-bottomed pan to come 2” up the sides. Turn the heat to slightly above medium then heat until oil reaches 365 - 370 degrees. Fry bites in batches, being careful not to overcrowd the pan, until golden brown, 30 seconds or so. Scoop bites onto a paper towel lined plate then sprinkle with salt and serve immediately with warmed marinara sauce.