Healthy Vegan Minestrone Soup! Just one pot, 10-ingredients, and 30 minutes! Easy weeknight meal and fun to adapt.
- 1 onion
- 2 medium carrots
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 15 oz. can kidney beans
- 1 1/3 cups uncooked pasta
- 1 1/2 cups cut green beans (I use frozen)
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- Salt to taste
- Optional: other herbs of choice (oregano, parsley, thyme), other veggies (spinach, zucchini, celery, corn, peas, broccoli)
- Dice onion and carrot.
- In a stockpot over med-high heat, saute onion and carrot in 2 Tbsp. broth/water for about 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mince garlic.
- When onion is translucent, add garlic and 1 tsp. basil. Saute 1 minute.
- Add 4 cups broth, diced tomatoes, and tomato sauce. Increase heat and bring to a light boil.
- When boiling, add kidney beans (rinsed and drained) and pasta.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for about 10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in green beans during last few minutes of cooking.
- Salt to taste.
- Serve & enjoy!