This Kale soup with curried cauliflower rice is one flavorful healthy soup recipe to keep you warm this season. An easy vegan, Whole30-friendly, paleo soup recipe for a nutritious meal-in-a-bowl. Roasted curried cauliflower rice with kale and even more veggies to fill your bowl! You’ll want to make this delicious vegetarian kale soup recipe again and again!
- 5-6 cups of cauliflower florets (about 3-4 cups when “riced’). See notes.
- 2- 3 tbsp curry powder or curry seasoning (turmeric should is usually included in the curry seasoning/powder)
- 8 kale leaves with stems removed and chopped
- 2 cups (5oz) chopped carrots
- 4 cups broth (vegetable or chicken if not vegan)
- 1 cup almond milk or coconut milk (the drinking kind works best and is smoother).
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil for roasting
- 3/4 cup red onion chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp red pepper or chili flakes (use less if you don’t want as spicy)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- salt to taste after cooked.
- preheat oven to 400F.
- In a small bowl, toss your cauliflower florets with the curry powder, garlic powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and 3 tbsp oil.
- Spread the cauliflower florets on a baking dish or roasting pan. Place in oven and roast for 20 -22 minutes until tender but not overcooked. slightly under cooked.
- Remove and set aside.
- While the cauliflower is cooling, prep the rest of your veggies but chopping them up on cutting board.
- Next place cauliflower florets in a Food Processor or blender and pulse a few times until the cauliflower is chopped or “riced.” See picture in post.
- Once all the cauliflower is riced and kale/veggies are chopped, prepare your cooking pot.
- Place onion, 2 tsp oil, and minced garlic in large stock pot. Sautee for 5 minutes until fragant.
- Next add in your broth, milk, veggies, cauliflower “rice,” and the red chili pepper and black pepper.
- Bring to a quick boil (make sure milk does get too hot), then simmer for another 20 minutes or so until veggies are all cooked. .
- Add dash of sea salt if desired once ready to serve.
- Garnish with herbs and nut/seed crackers crumbles..
- If you don’t have a food processor, just finely chop the cauliflower. You can also buy pre riced cauliflower and roast it. Be sure not to over process the cauliflower when cooked. You don’t want to make a puree. Just lightly chop.
- Feel free to use other veggies besides kale and carrots. All work great.
- I found that almond milk works great in this recipe. Keeps it light and smooth. Cashew and coconut milk work as well.
- If you are not paleo or vegan, you can add other toppings such as crackers, nuts, cheese, etc. You can also add in cooked chicken or meat.