This Tortellini and Meatball Soup is a hearty soup with lots of meatballs, tortellini, and spinach simmered in a tomato broth.
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1//2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 12-16 frozen Johnsonville Italian meatballs
- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated tortellini
- 2 leaves handfuls baby spinach
- 1/3 cup heavy cream optional
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add beef broth, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano, salt, and meatballs.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add tortellini and simmer just until barely al dente.
- Stir in spinach leaves and heavy cream.
- Taste for seasoning and add more salt if desired.