These Cheesy Vegan Alfredo With Peas and Kale are ready in 30 minutes or less. But you'll be satisfied all. night. long.
- Pasta (I used half the box)
- Kale leaves from 3 stalks (torn into smaller pieces)
- Two 1/2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups of Coconut milk (can use almond too)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews*
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup or more of peas (I used frozen)
- 1/2 tbs of chicken free broth concentrate (I used better than bouillon-its vegan!)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package. In a skillet throw in your garlic, peas and kale. Turn it on medium heat and let it "cook." Make sure you stir occasionally so the kale doesn't burn and stick to the pan. You are just cooking them until the kale leaves are soft and the peas are not frozen.
- For the sauce put coconut milk, cashews, nutritional yeast flakes, onion powder and chicken free broth concentrate into your blender. Blend until smooth. (Mine had very small grains of cashews because my ninja blender couldn't get it any smaller- turned out perfectly fine) Once you have it smooth, heat the sauce on medium heat and stir occasionally. The sauce should thicken a little bit and once it does turn the burner off.
- Add your sauce, pasta and peas/kale together. ( I added mine all together in a big bowl and that worked out perfectly) Mix everything together!
- I added a sprinkle of nutritional yeast flakes and salt on top afterwards!