Juicy, beyond DELICIOUS oven baked chicken breasts full of flavor with just a handful of ingredients and on the table in 30 minutes!
HOW TO MAKE AHEAD
- 1 pound (4-ounces each) boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to an even thickness (about 1-inch thick)
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, or any other dried herb of your choice
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Line a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper; transfer to prepared baking dish and set aside.
- Add butter and garlic to a skillet set over medium-high heat; cook and stir until butter is melted and garlic is fragrant.
- Stir in brown sugar, paprika, and seasonings; continue to cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and let stand 1 minute, or until cool enough to handle.
- Rub the brown sugar and garlic mixture all around the chicken breasts.
- Bake uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes, or until browned on top and chicken's internal temperature reaches 165F.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
HOW TO MAKE AHEAD
- You can prep this ahead of time by preparing it up to the point before baking it. Just let the brown sugar mixture cool down completely; then rub it all over the chicken breasts, cover the dish tightly, and pop it in the freezer.
- You can also freeze it in a gallon ziploc bag, then thaw it in the fridge over night. When it’s time to cook, arrange the chicken breasts in a parchment-lined baking dish and cook.
- You can also prep it the night before, cover it tightly, and set it in the fridge until ready to cook the next day.