This healthy 1-pot lentil dal is creamy, satisfying and a great vegan comfort meal. The recipe is cooked in one pot and is very easy to make. Double the recipe if you want to eat leftovers on the second day.
- 1 cup dry lentils, (*see recipe notes) (190 g)
- 1 large finely diced carrot (*see recipe notes) (about 200 g)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 red or green chili pepper, seeds removed
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 3 cups vegetable broth (720 ml)
- 1 cup canned coconut milk (*see recipe notes) (240 ml)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Sunfood's Golden Milk Super Blend (*see recipe notes)
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- Rinse lentils under running water. I prefer to soak the lentils for about 10-15 minutes in lukewarm water because they are better digested this way (this step is optional). Drain the water afterwards.
- Meanwhile, chop the onion, garlic, ginger, chili pepper, and carrot (*see recipe notes below). Heat oil in a pot, stir in the onion and fry for about 3-4 minutes over medium heat. Add soy sauce, carrot, garlic, ginger, chili and reduce the heat to low.
- Get full recipe==>>elavegan.com