A delicious beetroot inspired falafel recipe with the addition of coriander (cilantro) leaves. Baked or grilled (broiled if you are in the USA) to maintain a wonderful, healthy, gluten-free, vegan falafel.
- 2 beetroots (just under tennis ball size)
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 250g (2 cups) cooked chickpeas
- 1 handful fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 heaped teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Ahead of time: Slice the rough neck/top off the beetroots and discard.
- Chop the remaining beetroot into cubes (1.5cm/half an inch cubed in size).
- Bake in the oven on a baking tray for about 45 minutes on a high heat.
- When done, take out and leave to cool until you are ready to make the falafels.
- This can be done ahead of time, or the night before when you are using the oven for something else.
- Get full recipe==>>trinityskitchen.com