Forget the preservative laden cartons of eggnog from the store… homemade is the best! All you need is 5 minutes of your time and a blender. My version mirrors the classic, with raw eggs, cream, milk, and booze, but I’ve also shared a way to make it using cooked egg yolks if you’d feel more comfortable that way.
- 4 large eggs, the freshest you can find
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp dried nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 oz cognac (about 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp)
- 3 oz bourbon (about 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp)
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Add whole eggs to blender and blend on MEDIUM speed for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar and blend another 20 seconds.
- Get full recipe==>>the5oclockchef.com